Thursday, August 5, 2010

De Profundis Clamavi...

I changed my mind what I want to do for my portrait video/painting.  It wont be machinima anymore since I am in no  mood for kitchy happy stuff...  I am going with idea 2.

Over past few years I had been returning to Psalm 130, and interpreting it through my art:

De profundis clamavi ad te, Domine;

Domine, exaudi vocem meam.
Fiant aures tuae intendentes
in vocem deprecationis meae.

Si iniquitates observaveris, Domine,
Domine, quis sustinebit?

Quia apud te propitiatio est,
ut timeamus te.

Sustinui te, Domine,
sustinuit anima mea in verbo eius;
speravit anima mea in Domino
magis quam custodes auroram.
Magis quam custodes auroram

I painted that many times, researched it in literature, and today I did in music.  I found this amazing minimalist composer called Arvo Part, His interpretation of the psalm 130 complitely knocked me off my feet, and I could not help but to listen to this simple, truthful beauty many many many times over, listening to my heart cry out, and tears roll down my cheeks. I could not stop crying while listening to his profound honest work, that came from deep within his being. Beauty is usually found darkness, in sadness, when you reach out crying out for help, when you surrender and accept ones fate, when you pray for the strength to accept it.

1 comment: