I finally finished the digital part of it.I fell asleep over the keyboard working on it last night around 5am, woke up at 6 and finished it just in split second.
Someone very dear to me said that I researched Ed too much, and started to feel for him and understand him, as much as something as horrific can be understood, to the point of obsession. Well he was my obsession for quite few weeks now, and finally digital part is finished.
Anyhow how to understand a man who with his sick mind inspired so much art, not only paintings, but movies, books, and so many stories that spawned around his image. I am not sure if what he did can be classified as good or evil, I think its beyond it, because I think on some level all brutality, all his creations were done out of sick love for his mother, who even though was god fearing woman, was not without a blame. What do you say about a man who is suspected of killing his brother, who was convicted and confessed to two murders, on whose property creations made of human corpses were made. In a way he was an artist, and in a world of Macabre, that we live in, things that he did, skinning female corpses, gutting them, beheading them do not shock me, because I heared of even more gruesome things while growing up. I am not without empathy for him, I do not condone what he did, however I think in a way he was a man struggling to cope with reality imposed upon him. Even if he was all evil, and all bad, how can evil inspire so many, I think for something to become a part of the culture, a part of the myth, that is going to stick around us for long time to come, it has to transcend evil, it has to transcend good, as Nitche puts it things done out of love are beyond good and evil. I think even though his love for his mother no matter how sickening, his obsession with women, his inability to deal with the loss of someone who was important to him, made him create. Sure he created lampshades of human skin, as well as chairs, had body suit so he could look like woman, mask of the ripped off faces of his victims, belt made of nipples, he desecrated human cadavers, but I think there is more to that man than just the uglyness, I think there is a lot of sadness in him that he was unable to cope with, there is pain of the loss, suffering from within, that in the end overtook him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment